To read this blog in order you must start at the bottom and work your way to the top....

memory gem of Andrew

If you will remember our Layton house had white carpet and really was "my dream house"…I loved that house and tried to protect it from the "outdoors".  One morning Andrew had been outside playing and gathering "treasures".  (he was around 4)  In he comes with bags of rocks, big ones, little ones, black ones, flat ones…it was quiet the array.  He was so excited about these rocks and when I told him that he was not keeping those rocks in my house, he said, "but mom, it is my house too".
What the heck!!! What was I going to say after that??  I agreed and told him he could have ONE bag in the house.
Since then I have tried to surround myself with things that make us happy...even if they are rocks.

More memory gems tomorrow
😊
Today's memory gem is about Haylie ...
I love how a child helps you see things clearly….
 When Haylie was around 4 years old, we drove up to the temple on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, at the time we were living in Las Vegas.  It was just so beautiful and peaceful.  As we rounded a corner of the temple, with Haylies hand in mine, I pointed up to the top of the temple and said, "Haylie, what is that".  I realized I was taking a big risk that I had failed to teach her something she should know, but I asked anyway.  She looked up, paused, then a smile crossed her face as she  recognized  with amazement  and quickly replied, 
"It's a trophy".  

SMILE!!! My work is done! Sometimes we just complicated life too much.  

Join me tomorrow for Andrew's memory gem
My memory gem of Donald is a two parter…first off, most of you know the story of his Halloween costume when he was in pre-school and how he was soooo excited to be a cowboy.  He had the whole outfit from the boots to the hat, however, the morning was ticking by and he could not find his holster anywhere.   He looked under beds, in closets, toy chests and behind couches…nowhere to be seen.  Thinking this was the perfect opportunity to teach a principle I gathered Hillary and Donald together and suggested we pray for help as we needed to be leaving for school soon.  After the prayer I said, "now listen closely because the Holy Ghost will tell you where to go look".  After we said Amen, we all went searching.  After a short time, Donald came to me and said, "mom, I don't hear anything"…Ahhhh is that the cutest thing ever!! I thought so anyway.   I encouraged him to keep trying and felt sure someone would be told where to find his holster.  Needless to say, it was found a couple of minutes later and he looked like the cowboy he wanted to be.
     the next part of the story is this….a few months later I had a cousin killed in a car accident in Utah.  We drove to the funeral from Sacramento to support the family.  At the viewing, my cousins cowboy boots were by his casket.  I didn't think much of it, but did notice them.  At the end of the funeral and luncheon we started on our journey back home.  Donald was looking out the window, being unusually quiet.  I asked him if anything was wrong…he said, "I don't want to be a cowboy anymore".  Surprised by this because it was his favorite thing to do at the time, I asked him why.  He said, "because cowboys die, and I don't want to die". Apparently he noticed the cowboy boots also.
I knew then he was a deep thinker and had tender feelings.

My memory gem of Haylie is tomorrow….



5/7/13 12:01 PM


For the week of Mother's Day I decided I wanted the kids to know some of my favorite memories of being their mom...here's is what I posted each day...

Monday Hillary...
Since this is Mothers Day week I want to just share with you,each day, a little gem that has made being a mom so rewarding and has lifted my spirits and or made me smile....
When Hillary was around four or five she woke up and said, "I had the best dream last night"! Oh, I said tell me about it.  She said, I dreamed that Jesus came to our house and he put his hands on my head and gave me a blessing". 

I knew from that moment on that Hillary would be spiritually in tune and guided by the spirit...don't you all agree that it's true!!

Donald's story will come tomorrow...



Powered by Blogger.