I asked each of the kids to write about one of their memory gems...everyone of them made me cry!! I truly do love being a mom!!

(this time I am going to start with Andrew and work my way up to get it in the right order...)

Andrew....
I always remember when I was younger and I had a nightmare I would always go to moms room and she would always come and sing me back to sleep. She always got right up and I never heard her complain. Whenever she would sing, I'd fall asleep immediately and I wouldn't have any more nightmares that night. This is one of my favorite things about mom! Love you mom!! Happy Mother's Day!

Moms not only just my mommy but she's my best friend. Something that both of us have noticed is that I usually only get super sick when dad is out of town. That has its advantages and disadvantages but I remember countless time when I was sick and went into moms room and woke her up. When I told her I wasn't feeling well she would tell me to crawl into bed with her and we would cuddle until I fell asleep again. 

Another memory is that when I was in high school me and mom would go shopping literally every weekend. I remember this one time when we were in Nordstrom and I was trying on some clothes and I fell in love with a shirt I was wearing. I looked at the price tag and told mom the price and we both knew I didn't have enough money. I put the shirt on the hanger and we left. We went and grabbe lunch and mom said out of the blue that she had some cash in her wallet that dad had given her and she would let me use it to get the shirt I wanted. I knew that money was moms clothing money and I also knew she wanted to use it on something we had seen earlier. Yet she was willing to give up what she wanted to make me happy. I love you mommy!! You really are my best friend and I know that you will always be there for me! Xoxo

My favorite memory: My last day in Panama was a Monday. President had told me that I would see my parents Monday evening after we had completed the days activities. Cheng, Storey, and I had our interviews in the city at 8 am. We finished and then had free reign over where we went for the next few hours. We went down to the waterfront, then to the rich mall, then to the poor people mall. We finally decided to head over to the temple early and grabbed a taxi to get us there. We arrived at the temple. Next to the temple is a large building where the temple presidency lives and is also a guest house for those who travel long distances and need a place to rest. The building has a main entrance and then various side doors. Since it was a monday, the temple and its facilities are basically closed to everyone, except missionaries leaving the following day. We went into the building using a side door that some construction workers opened for us. We then entered the main salon of the building and I look to my left and see two gringos sitting there. I did not know who they were at first. Then upon further observation, I realized that it was mom and dad sitting there. I was completely surprised and happy to see them. I was a bit upset that the mission president lied to me. But I was so happy to see mom and dad. It was an experience that I will always remember. Love you mom!


Dolder Hillary Corbett:
Most recently mom changed her flight so she could help me when Q came early. I didn't have to ask her and she didn't act put out by coming. This is just one example of moms ability to know what each of us need and how she always goes out of her way to help, sometimes at her expense. She has given up time, new clothes , hair cuts and sleep to help each of us and in my 26 years I have never heard her complain. She is  my role model and best friend





Powered by Blogger.